Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Yikes!!

WARNING! The following may not be for those who get a little squeamish when talking about...mice!
A few days ago I was determined to tackle our weed infested flower bed. Armed with a shovel, and 2 little determined helpers, we went to work. Mid-way through, we were blessed
(or frightened) with the arrival of a mouse! I jumped, Bailey got closer for a better look. My initial reaction was to tell Bailey to RUN! After giving it a little thought, I figured I could use her interest in this little creature to my advantage. I instructed her "chase" it into the lot next to ours. As if putting it in the empty lot right next to ours would prevent it from coming back?! She did, however the mouse had a better idea, and hide under the hose reel. Keeping my distance, I told Bailey to wiggle the hose, she did and... well ... lets just say that the little mouse now lives in Heaven.

1 comment:

  1. I love your "Fearless Mommy" attitude!! You big CHICKEN!! Sadly...you atleaast had the thought to tell Bailey to run, I would have been outa there before I had the chance to say anything to the kids...I would just hope that they had the sense to find their own way inside after a while so i wouldn't have to go after them!!!!

    ReplyDelete